13 December 2018
Digitised Patient Care Pathways
Project: Sepsis pathway
- 100% patients screened on admission
- Increase in patients receiving appropriate antibiotics within 60 mins of alert
- Full full compliance with national targets
Sepsis claims 37,000 lives each year in the UK and costs the NHS an estimated £2.5billion.
We have introduced an electronic sepsis pathway, using ‘Quick Sepsis Related Organ Failure Assessment’ within the Electronic Patient Record. It screens all patients who require sepsis screening and monitors care of patients who trigger in real time.
- Potentially reducing mortality rates by administration of antibiotics within one hour
- Reduced length of stay for patients who are identified during assessment
- Better patient experience